Your Medical Home
Welcome to Garner Family Practice—your Medical Home.
A medical home is a team-based approach to health care. The team is made of health care providers, support staff and most importantly—YOU.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
Be an active participant in your care.
- Keep your appointment.
- Provide a complete medical history.
- Ask questions.
- Tell your provider about any other health care
professionals who care for you.
- Give feedback about the care you are receiving.
- Ask your team how to reach them after hours.
Take care of your health.
- Follow the plan that you and your provider develop.
- Take care of you when you are sick and well using proven, researched methods.
- Help you set and achieve health-related goals.
- Discuss with you care plans, tests, procedures and goals so that you are an active participant in planning your care.
- Work with you, additional health care providers and other resources in the community to coordinate your care.
- Answer questions to help you better understand your health needs.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT, USE THIS CHECKLIST
- Write down any questions that you may have. Put your questions in order of importance so that you are sure to cover the most important question first.
- Bring a list of other health care professionals that have taken care of you since your last visit—include any specialists, hospitalizations or ER visits.
- Write down the medications that you are taking, or bring all the bottles with you to the appointment, including over-the-counter and herbal remedies.